cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find Manually Expired image details (log location)

prageethh
Level 3

Hi All,

Is there a way to find the past backup image expiration activity (Manually) from the log files?

BR,

PrageethH.

6 REPLIES 6

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Yes, it is in theory possible to see what images are expired and removed with the right debug level, and enough disk space. But it is not straight job.

I think, it would be better to dump the output from bpimagelist into text file(s) at various point in times, to captur expiration information before the image actual get expired.

Or trust Netbackup, if a backup image isn't available, the backup is not taken or it's expired.

Hi @prageethh 

If you have Ops Center collecting data, you should be able to extract the data from there also (you may need to craft a custom SQL script to do this). 

David

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hi

My 2 cents....

You can use nbauditreport command to check this out....

here is from my test made just now

root on server:/root $ bpexpdate -backupid server_1686044078 -d 0 -force
root on server:/root $ nbauditreport |grep -i expir
06/06/2023 04:35:25 root@server Catalog Image 'server_1686044078' expired.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Not 100% sure it work when Netbackup expire the image. The manual says for 8.1 

Internally initiated actions.

NetBackup-initiated internal actions are not audited. For example, the scheduled deletion of expired images, scheduled backups, or periodic image database cleanup is not audited.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/21733320-127424841-0/v40701098-127424841

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hi Nicolai

As I did understand request from Prageethh "expiration activity (Manually)" - question is about manual expiration... until I am wrong ;)

Dollypee
   VIP    Certified

You can get this report via Opscenter analytics