cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find if overwrite was checked on a VM restore

db1980
Level 2

Linux Master server, Windows Media servers, VMware agent/restore. 

I need to know if there is a way to find out if overwrite was checked by an administrator for a particular restore.  Is there a log file somewhere that I can view this?  The restore was initiated throught the BAR GUI not command line..

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

user_ops\username or user_ops\domain or similar is where the restores get logged to .. on the server that the restore was performed from

That may not give the full details so really you need the tar log file on the media server (vmware backup host) which usually starts with the command line that is passed for the restore .. not easy to read but somewhere there will be a switch for overwrite (normal restores use -K to keep existing files

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

user_ops\username or user_ops\domain or similar is where the restores get logged to .. on the server that the restore was performed from

That may not give the full details so really you need the tar log file on the media server (vmware backup host) which usually starts with the command line that is passed for the restore .. not easy to read but somewhere there will be a switch for overwrite (normal restores use -K to keep existing files

db1980
Level 2

Thanks, I did review the user_ops log just now, and you are right, it doesnt give me the full detail.  Where is this tar file located?

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Should be on the media server that did the restore (vmware backup host anyway) but if you dont have tar logging setup you will only have that job and job log so would need to try and work it out from the command line it passed