cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the retention of backup in SLP

Sunny04
Level 3

Hi All

Recently I have taken a full backup in  a disk and duplicated it to tape through SLP with a retention of 2 yrs. While checking the retention level with bpimagelist, it shows the retention of a primary copy not the duplicated copy.

Anyone has any idea how to check the retention of image for the duplicated copy via command.

Netbackup Master : 7.1.02

Thanks in Advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Use bpimagelist with -idonly option to get image id.

You can use bpimagelist as follows to get all retention levels:

bpimagelist -backupid <backup_id> -L 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

use bpexpdate with copy option to extend the duplicated copy. If the duplication went to tape then just extend the tape expiration for 2 years

bpexpdate -m <media-id>

Edit: I misread your question. The duplication went to tape. To check the retetion of the tape use below command

bpmedialist -m <tape number>

Sunny04
Level 3

@Sazz : Thanks for the quick response, I dont am looking for output like we get in bpimagelist format

bpimagelist -client <clientname> -d <date> -U

Please help me with the exact command

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Use bpimagelist with -idonly option to get image id.

You can use bpimagelist as follows to get all retention levels:

bpimagelist -backupid <backup_id> -L 

sksujeet
Level 6

Actually duplication retention is what you configured in SLP and no need to check  The SLP will remain on disk with infinity retention unless it get duplicated and SLP will make sure data is get duplicated.

Sunny04
Level 3

Thanks Marianne

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

A similar command is bpimmedia -client clientname -d 03/23/2013 00:00:00 -e 03/24/2013 00:00:00

This gives a start and end date - but remember that duplicates take the time and date of the original backup and not that of when it was actually duplicated

Hope this helps

#edit# - way too slow today - LOL!

Sunny04
Level 3

@Mark_Solutions , you are also correct :)  i used -U / -L to get more readable format