Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the servers getting backup under quiery type VMware policy

Steve_Austin1
Level 3

Hi Folks,

Master server : Windows 2012 R2 standard

Netbackup : 7.6.0.2

We have a vmware policy to backup all Vm's. Now I want to know whether all VM's under that policy is getting backup or not....kindly let me know how to find this...

Thanks,

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

NBU35
Level 6

U can test your query with nbdiscover command with -noxmloutput option to check what all machines will be backed up with this query. Run this command on your discovery or backup host.

whenever you go with query to choose clients, there is a parameter RESUE VMQYERY SLECTION RESULT FOR, whatever value may be defined, the result of output of query will be used for that time only. if next time bakup window for this policy arrives then if RESUE VMQYERY SLECTION RESULT FOR has already expired, then query will again run to generate a new list else old list will be used.

Also do u see any faliures in of vm backups in activity monitor?

now also try to generate list of vm with that query & count what is the current count and also post the query use by you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

you will have an option "Test Query" in the policy clients tab.. when you select the Query builder..

click on test Query. if the vm is being included in query.. it will show as include in the query which says.. it will pick up the vm when backup triggers..

anoher option is to trigger the test backup and see what are the VMs that are comming to the activity moniter..

if the backups are already completed.. you can look them in backup history/catalog  etc.. 

Luiz_Prina
Level 4
Employee

You can also use the command bppllist.

It will show you all the clients you have configured on the policy:

bppllist <policy name> -l

Steve_Austin1
Level 3

Hello Ram & Luiz,

Thanks for the replies....in my environment, I am seeing difference in the total number of clients backedup in a particular VM policy....

for ex:

I have a vm policy for  200 production servers...one day total 200 servers getting backup...another day only 150 servers are getting backup..it means some servers are missed from backup schedules whic is strange...its happening for only VM policies....

NBU35
Level 6

U can test your query with nbdiscover command with -noxmloutput option to check what all machines will be backed up with this query. Run this command on your discovery or backup host.

whenever you go with query to choose clients, there is a parameter RESUE VMQYERY SLECTION RESULT FOR, whatever value may be defined, the result of output of query will be used for that time only. if next time bakup window for this policy arrives then if RESUE VMQYERY SLECTION RESULT FOR has already expired, then query will again run to generate a new list else old list will be used.

Also do u see any faliures in of vm backups in activity monitor?

now also try to generate list of vm with that query & count what is the current count and also post the query use by you.