cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install mulitple version of netbackup JavaGUI (jnbSA) on a linux.

snarayanaswamy
Level 3

Hi, 

We are in the process of cutover of Netbackup version from 7.5 to 7.7.1. Current Netbackup client ver 7.5.0.6

is not compatible to Netbackup 7.7.1. Can I have two version running on single host.

Thanks

Sreedhar Narayanaswamy

5 REPLIES 5

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Ignoring the elephant in the room as to why you are moving from an unsupported version to another unsupported version, this was certainly possible when installing the Windows Java GUI by specifying a different installation directory. I see no reason why a similar approach wouldn't work with Liunx - I think you will need to set the INSTALL_PATH environment variable to specify an alternate location to install. The default value is "/usr", so set al alternate location such as /home, then to run the second UI, run /home/openv/netbackup/bin/jnbSA.

Now if you were on a current supported version, the GUi installation would automatically install back compatible versions (for instance an 8.2 GUI install also includes UI compatibility back to 7.7.1 (doesn't go back as far as 7.5 though).

On reflection and trying to install 8.x Java files elsewhere, it may not be as simple as I indicated. I'm sure it is possible, but may be simpler to install the GUI on a second host.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

NBU 8.0 Java Install will install all Java versions from 7.0 up to 8.0.

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee

When it comes to Linux/Unix using jnbSA you do not need to install multiple versions of the NetBackup java console. It has always been there by default.

While running jnbSA simply use -r <version> and it would open up the NetBackup Java console specific to the version mentioned.

For Windows as @Marianne mentioned, all the previous version are installed and you can select which version of the console you would like to open.

Thanks @Amol_Nair for clarifying the solution for Linux.