cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to list images in catalog of destination replication master

data-backup
Level 4

Hello,

I have two NetBackup domains, Site A & Site B all backups from Site A replicate to Site B via SLP's. However Site B does not backup any client servers or have any backup policies. When I search for backup images in Site B's catalog, it comes up empty.How do I list the replicated backup images on the destination Master servers catalog. 

Site A - NetBackup 8.0 on Windows 2012 R2

Site B - NetBackup 8.0 on Windows 2012 R2

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

that must be just mistyping in your search parameters. Images must be browsable/listable in the following interfaces as usual:

-report Client Backups

- report Images On Disk

- Catalog section

- Backup, Archive and Restore interface

- etc.

Regards

Marianne
Level 6

If you can browse/list images in Site A, then simply use the exact same seatch criteria in Site B. 

TN: https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100031168.html

Auto Image Replication (AIR): How To restore to original client from an image copy in a target master server

Genericus
   VIP   

You should know the copy number at the destination. Search for that copy number.

Do NOT search for primary copy - the replictated copy will NOT be the primary until the first one expires.

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

for @Genericus - you search for primary copy, because you are in another (target) NBU domain. Also ,there is no relation to source domain image expiration.

regards

Michal