cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to list slow and long backup jobs

JimmyB2
Level 4

Hi all,

Is there any option how to in Netbackup find and list backup jobs, that are very slow or take a long time? Is it possible to check this somehow using cmd line or is there any built in graphical tool? I think, it is just common concern to know which backup jobs take a lot of resources.... Maybe, is it only way how to estimate backup time using ''elapsed time'' in the Activity Monitor section?

Any input will be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sclind
   VIP   

I have a filter on the Activity Monitro I call "Slow" which has:

Kilobytes more than 9999999

KB/sec less than 2500

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

you can check opscenter. I think you will find there what you want.

If you need a command line tool, I use this line to print jobs that pass the 10 Hours. 
If you need to change the time to check, change the bold.
You can manipulate the bpdbjobs command to give you only the running jobs, the backup jobs, the duplication jobs, etc

I use it on windows using a unix like shell (portable git). If you know you can change it to power-shell

bpdbjobs -all_columns |awk -F"," '{print $1","$5","$6","$7","int($10/60/60)","int($10%(60*60)/60)","$10%60}' |awk -F"," '{if ($5 >= 10) print $1","$2","$3","$4","$5":"$6":"$7}'

Another think you may need to check is "elapsed time" versus "active elapsed time".

sclind
   VIP   

I have a filter on the Activity Monitro I call "Slow" which has:

Kilobytes more than 9999999

KB/sec less than 2500

DPeaco
   VIP   

I have a bash script that will do this and it will allow you to set the time threshold of how long a backup can run before it is 'reported'. Just PM me if you're interested.

Thanks,
Dennis