cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make newly inserted media available

jvmagic
Level 3

Hi,

Our backup admin is out this week and I'm taking over momentairly.  I imported new media into the tape library (NBU partition) and want to make this available in NBU (7.5).    I performed an inventory but do not see new media available? How do I go about this?

We have a Spectra T950 library. 

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ontherocks
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

1. Access library through web console and check in the inventory.

2. Are you able to see the newly inserted tapes in the tape library ?

3. Check the slots in which it is inserted ? is it in EE Slots (MAP) or Storage Slots

4. If its in EE Slots (MAP) move it to Storage Slots

5. Perform inventory from NetBackup Side.

6. Now these new tapes will be visible to the NetBackup.

7. New tapes will be assigned to NetBackup volume pool bydefault, you need to change it to Scratch or some specific volume pool in which you want to write the backups.

Let us know the results :)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
How exactly did you enter the tape? Best procedure is to put it in the MAP (media access port), then start the Inventory. Under the Update option, select the box to empty MAP before doing inventory. This will ensure that the tape is put in a slot known to NBU. Hopefully Barcode rules have been created previously to ensure media goes to a Scratch or a backup pool. If tape is inserted manually, it is possible that tape may be in a cleaning or maintenance slot.

ontherocks
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

1. Access library through web console and check in the inventory.

2. Are you able to see the newly inserted tapes in the tape library ?

3. Check the slots in which it is inserted ? is it in EE Slots (MAP) or Storage Slots

4. If its in EE Slots (MAP) move it to Storage Slots

5. Perform inventory from NetBackup Side.

6. Now these new tapes will be visible to the NetBackup.

7. New tapes will be assigned to NetBackup volume pool bydefault, you need to change it to Scratch or some specific volume pool in which you want to write the backups.

Let us know the results :)

jvmagic
Level 3

Than you for your help!