cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manually expire several media - backup id on catalog

rsakimoto
Level 5

Hi,

I need some help on how to manually expire/delete old media - backup id on catalog. I need to free up disk space of our media server via Puredisk as the disk type. What I am doing is this nbstlutil cancel -backupid <backup id> or doing this bpexpdate -backupid <backup id> -d 0 -force_not_complete. Cause I cannot just right click select all and expire via admin console cause most are still to be processed by SLP and does not need to anymore. We are using SLP on our MSDP. Some old media on disk I need to delete. But I can do it only per backup id and is taking time. Any cheat command to expire via command line by batch?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The only 'workaround' is to script it.

It will still take time because of all the steps that are needed to expire a backup - firstly the image catalog on the master, followed by physical disk cleanup on the media server.

This is not something that should be needed in a production environment - disk backups can be capacity managed via SLPs with the 'try to keep' selection as opposed to fixed retention.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The only 'workaround' is to script it.

It will still take time because of all the steps that are needed to expire a backup - firstly the image catalog on the master, followed by physical disk cleanup on the media server.

This is not something that should be needed in a production environment - disk backups can be capacity managed via SLPs with the 'try to keep' selection as opposed to fixed retention.