cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move Netbackup transfers to fiber interface?

Goofoff109
Level 4

Hello Symantec Community.

I need some help, a Vendor setup our netbackup 7.5 environment a while back and used the LAN connections for everything.

Noone cared for a while but now the backups we are doing are so big its starting to saturate the pipe and slow other stuff down.

In the meantime we have acquired a fiber switch and have it all hooked into the servers/netbackup/everything.

Where do i go to move the transfers from the LAN to the fiber interfaces???

I am pretty new to netbackup. sorry if its a simple question but i couldn't find a blatent answer by googling or poking around the interface myself.

23 REPLIES 23

Goofoff109
Level 4

Master Server

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Goofoff109 - Please consider to contact a local Veritas consultant for guidance and implementation.

jim_dalton
Level 6

simple option would be to do the backups over a new backup lan and separate the traffic that way, assuming you have servers and master/media with vacant nics and you can indeed keep the traffic off the corporate network. hard to add much more at the moment.

Goofoff109
Level 4

Please excuse me, i went MIA for a while. I was assigned to a different job and had to travel.

After looking at things more closely, the main issue is getting the traffic off the production Vlan.

We are parsing out a new switch/traffic for just backup traffic..