How to output the directory structure of a backup from the restore window.

I have a bunch of servers that I need to generate a list of what the directory structure from a couplk eof weeks looked like.  I can run a bplist with some parameters, but I can only go 5 levels deep because bplist is returning a record for every file backed up.  I just need to know what the entire folder structure looked like during the backup.  Even if I can just get the first file per folder, just as long as I get one record back for each unique folder.

Basically, I need the list that is in the Directory Structure window pane in the Backup, Archive and Restore window, but output to a file.

Tags (2)
8 Replies
Highlighted

Re: How to output the directory structure of a backup from the restore window.

i would say list all the files using the bplist command and grep the lines starting with "d"

as directory perimssions start with " d"  and files permissions start with "-" as shown below.

drwxr-xr-x root root 0 May 25 12:28 /usr/openv
-rw-r--r-- root root  782074 Aug 02 18:00 /usr/openv/test.txt

Hello,

Have you tried the below command syntax to generate the output file? The "bplist" command list all the files and folder backedup of that client.

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bplist -C [ClientName] -k [PolicyName] -t [backuptype] -s "mm/dd/yyyy hr:mm:ss" -e "mm/dd/yyyy hr:mm:ss" -S [MasterName] -R -l \ >/tmp/list.txt 

#cat /tmp/list.txt |grep drw*

You can only filter the output to get the required information using grep or awk commands.

Regards,

That would work, but my NBU server is Windows 2012...

Hello,

Smiley Happy

NBU command will be the same, only the command path will change <InstallPath>\NetBackup\bin\bplist

The output file is text file, you can use MS-Word, Excel, TextPad etc. etc.... to filter the output.

Regards,

right, but I am not getting the permissions/directory stuff in my output. 

Here is what I am running:
bplist -C SERVERAPP01 -s 7/28/2018 -I -R 5 / >c:\serverapp01list.txt

Output example:
D:\SHRGlobal\! 00 a\
D:\SHRGlobal\! 00 a\yyyzzz.xlsx
D:\SHRGlobal\! 00 a\xxxyyy.docx

So, you are NOT seeing output that looks like Example 4 in this doc?

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/123533878-127136857-0/v123539752-127136857

Example 4 - Lists recursively and with details the output from bplist on a Windows master server from a Windows client. Enter the following command to list the files that were backed up on drive C of Windows client slater and associated with all or part of the keyword phrase "Win NT":

# bplist -keyword "*Win NT*" -C slater -R -l C:\client_data_2

drwx------ root;usr@ root;None  0 Aug 28 17 C:\client_data_2\
-rwx------ root;usr@ root;None 40 Aug 05 24 C:\client_data_2\ewr.txt
drwx------ root;usr@ root;None  0 Aug 28 17 C:\client_data_2\
-rwx------ root;usr@ root;None 40 Aug 05 24 C:\client_data_2\ewr.txt

All I can suggest is that you create a bplist log file to see how the command is used when you browse from the BAR GUI. 

bplist is very sensitive command and you should provide all required options to get the desired output

Please try - bplist -B -C SERVERAPP01 -S Master_Server -t 13 -k Policy_Name -s 7/28/2018 00:00:00 -e 7/29/2018 00:00:00 -I -R / > output.txt

-t = policy type

You need to use “bpflist” command (command syntax is similar to bplist) it has an option to list only folders/directories “ONLY_DIRS”

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/123533878-127136857-0/v123538076-127136857