cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to output the directory structure of a backup from the restore window.

jjudge88
Level 2

I have a bunch of servers that I need to generate a list of what the directory structure from a couplk eof weeks looked like.  I can run a bplist with some parameters, but I can only go 5 levels deep because bplist is returning a record for every file backed up.  I just need to know what the entire folder structure looked like during the backup.  Even if I can just get the first file per folder, just as long as I get one record back for each unique folder.

Basically, I need the list that is in the Directory Structure window pane in the Backup, Archive and Restore window, but output to a file.

8 REPLIES 8

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

i would say list all the files using the bplist command and grep the lines starting with "d"

as directory perimssions start with " d"  and files permissions start with "-" as shown below.

drwxr-xr-x root root 0 May 25 12:28 /usr/openv
-rw-r--r-- root root  782074 Aug 02 18:00 /usr/openv/test.txt

Tousif
Level 6

Hello,

Have you tried the below command syntax to generate the output file? The "bplist" command list all the files and folder backedup of that client.

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bplist -C [ClientName] -k [PolicyName] -t [backuptype] -s "mm/dd/yyyy hr:mm:ss" -e "mm/dd/yyyy hr:mm:ss" -S [MasterName] -R -l \ >/tmp/list.txt 

#cat /tmp/list.txt |grep drw*

You can only filter the output to get the required information using grep or awk commands.

Regards,

That would work, but my NBU server is Windows 2012...

Hello,

:)

NBU command will be the same, only the command path will change <InstallPath>\NetBackup\bin\bplist

The output file is text file, you can use MS-Word, Excel, TextPad etc. etc.... to filter the output.

Regards,

right, but I am not getting the permissions/directory stuff in my output. 

Here is what I am running:
bplist -C SERVERAPP01 -s 7/28/2018 -I -R 5 / >c:\serverapp01list.txt

Output example:
D:\SHRGlobal\! 00 a\
D:\SHRGlobal\! 00 a\yyyzzz.xlsx
D:\SHRGlobal\! 00 a\xxxyyy.docx

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So, you are NOT seeing output that looks like Example 4 in this doc?

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/123533878-127136857-0/v123539752-127136857

Example 4 - Lists recursively and with details the output from bplist on a Windows master server from a Windows client. Enter the following command to list the files that were backed up on drive C of Windows client slater and associated with all or part of the keyword phrase "Win NT":

# bplist -keyword "*Win NT*" -C slater -R -l C:\client_data_2

drwx------ root;usr@ root;None  0 Aug 28 17 C:\client_data_2\
-rwx------ root;usr@ root;None 40 Aug 05 24 C:\client_data_2\ewr.txt
drwx------ root;usr@ root;None  0 Aug 28 17 C:\client_data_2\
-rwx------ root;usr@ root;None 40 Aug 05 24 C:\client_data_2\ewr.txt

All I can suggest is that you create a bplist log file to see how the command is used when you browse from the BAR GUI. 

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

bplist is very sensitive command and you should provide all required options to get the desired output

Please try - bplist -B -C SERVERAPP01 -S Master_Server -t 13 -k Policy_Name -s 7/28/2018 00:00:00 -e 7/29/2018 00:00:00 -I -R / > output.txt

-t = policy type

Anshu_Pathak
Level 5
You need to use “bpflist” command (command syntax is similar to bplist) it has an option to list only folders/directories “ONLY_DIRS”

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/123533878-127136857-0/v123538076-127136857