cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to properly use CLEANUP_MEDIA_SERVER_MAP option

AlChie
Level 4

Greetings!

My you be so kind to explain how to properly use the option described in this technote:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100002609

Here is the purpose and description of this entry or option taken from this article:

Issue:  When multiple media servers have credentials to access a storage server, a media server is selected for performing image cleanup (nbdelete) based on media server load balancing. It is possible to have a remote media server that has credentials (connected by a WAN link) being selected to perform cleanup which would be extremely slow.

Point Solution:
On NetBackup 7.0.1, it is possible to allocate specific media server to run image cleanup for specific disk media id (associated with a specific disk volume) using a configuration file named CLEANUP_MEDIA_SERVER_MAP located at /usr/openv/netbackup/db/config or Install_Path\Veritas\NetBackup\db\config on master server.

So the question is:
What to do :)
Where should I create touch file CLEANUP_MEDIA_SERVER_MAP???
Should it be created on the exact server to be used for credentils logon when cleanup occurs and be some kind of a trigger?
Or should I create this touch file on master-server and put an entry of media-server???

Very confusing explanation.
May you be so kind to make it clear for me.
----
Best Regards, AlChie
1 REPLY 1

J_MCCOLL
Level 4

Hi,

This file needs to be located on the master server (most likely will require a restart).

As for the format, I can only guess that it would be similar to this:

media_server      disk_media_id (format like @aaaaa)