cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to "disable" VSS usage when doing backup for a particular drive?

MiloHaze
Level 3
Certified

Hello,

One of the servers that is under backup in my environemnet has serveral SAN attached drives that are used for daily Exchange dumps.

Specifically for that server I have created several policies - one only for C: and D:, one for the rest of the small drives, and several for these big drives.

I'm looking for a way to backup daily a specific folder on each of the big drives, without the use of VSS.

So, is there a way to configure the backups so VSS is used for C and D, and not used for those big drives?

I'm using Netbackup Enterprise 7.1.0.2 version, OS of the client is Win2003 64bit.

Thank you forward.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I dont believe that is possible

You can either use it or not use it - controlled via Client Attributes in Master Server Host properties

I guess if you really dug into it you could run all backups from a command line and specify not to use VSS for specific backups but that would probably be way too complex

So i think the answer unfortunately would be NO

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

I dont believe that is possible

You can either use it or not use it - controlled via Client Attributes in Master Server Host properties

I guess if you really dug into it you could run all backups from a command line and specify not to use VSS for specific backups but that would probably be way too complex

So i think the answer unfortunately would be NO

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I agree with Mark - WOFB is either enabled or disabled at host level.

muhanad_daher
Level 6

As attched,  insert client and unckeck it.