cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to relocate or change the location of the VERITAS NetBackup 6 ?

lamst
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified
Hello,

I have NetBackup 6 MP2 installed in c:\program file\veritas\....etc, and i want change the location of Veritas installation to d:\veritas\...etc.

Could you help me ?
5 REPLIES 5

Deepak_Bhalwank
Level 5
You will have to reinstall NetBackup and choose the NetBackup Installation Type as 'Custom' during installation.

Br,
Deepak.

lamst
Level 3
Hummmm.

Ok, i have migrate to NBU4.5MP6 to NBU5.1GA to NBU6MP2. It's work fine.
But now, i want to migrate my installation of NBU6MP2 on the new server with the same name in other path, i like D:\VERITAS\...etc
tks

Chia_Tan_Beng
Level 6
I don't think there's a straight forward way for it.
The supported way is to backup the catalog, re-install your master server on D drive and restore the catalog.

Stephan_Langbei
Level 4
The question ist - why?
Is the partition C to small? Are the parition D on the same disk? iI it possible to delete partition D and extend Partition C with dirkpart (tool of W2K-Rescourekit), or maybe its possible to extent parition C with an dynamic disc-partition.
An other way is to make an cold backup of the netbackup-database. Install a new server with greater C-partition and netbackup on partition C and then make an desaster recover from the netbackup-catalog (this one I have done 2 times successfully) ...

lamst
Level 3
Yes, my C: partition on new server is to small and the new directive of my client all install application on D: drive......

But i have resolve my prob with nbdb_move cmd, i move all database on the new location directory D:\VERITAS\NetBackupDB\data on old server.

Install Netbackup on the new server D:\VERITAS....etc
and move from old_server C:\...\netbackup\db , C:\..\netbackup\var , C:\..\vlomgr , D:\VERITAS\NetBackupDB\data\netbackupdb\* to new_server directory D:\VERITAS...etc
and edit databases.conf , server.conf and modify th path.

that all is work
bye many tks