cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove old clients?

Tomas_Pospichal
Level 4

Hello community,

I'd like to ask you if there is some elegant way how to remove clients in NetBackup that are no longer exist?

The goal is to remove hundreds of servers which were decommissioned and removed long time ago but the records remained in the NetBackup.

Thank you.
Tomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Tomas_Pospichal 

Check to see if the clients are listed in any deployment policies as per this article:

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100054521.html

Cheers
David

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Hi @Tomas_Pospichal 

Could you please clarify what you mean ?

Is it active backup images in the Netbackup catalogue or is it client in deactivated policies, or something completely different ?

Best Regards

Nicolai

Hello,

my apologize for not being that clear.

I basically mean Clients (e.g. in JavaGui: Host Properties -> Clients) that are registered in the NetBackup. My intention is to clear the Clients that no longer exists in the environment but stayed as a record there.

Tomas

L_BR
Level 5

You can remove them by deleting their policies. Clients host properties is populated if a policy has the client specified within it.

Problem is that they do not belong to any policy.

Hi @Tomas_Pospichal 

Check to see if the clients are listed in any deployment policies as per this article:

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100054521.html

Cheers
David

Hi David,

good point, I checked the Deployment Policies and there were many of the "problematic" clients. So I removed them and then deleted the policies. I guess that it will now automatically disappear from the Clients section? Is it immediate or does it take some time?

Thank you.
Tom

jnardello
   VIP    Certified

They should be gone the next time you refresh the screen.