cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to replace robot

tuannanh
Level 3

Dear all,

Now, my company have plan replace the chasis include robotic for this TS3100. Please guide how to replace it step by step. Note: this TS3100 have 02 tape drive.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

It will work the same way.

It is sometimes easier, just to delete the devices and re-run the wizard.  This is what I tend to do.

Martin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

tpautoconf -replace_robot robot_number -path robot_path

After robotic controller hardware replacement, correct the
      serial number in the local and Global Databases

The tpautoconf command is used a lot when replacing drives... maybe not so much for robots. But I got to assume the command above would work similarly.

You should look at TN
has a lot of links to other TN's that should show you the steps or method.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

It will work the same way.

It is sometimes easier, just to delete the devices and re-run the wizard.  This is what I tend to do.

Martin

tuannanh
Level 3

Dear all,

I mean that i will bring 02 tape drive from the old TS3100 to new TS3100. What thing I must do or only change tape drive is OK ?

Thanks.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

delete any drives you are removing and re-discover newly connected drive from the wizard or with tpautoconf -a

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are several ways to get the same result. I would do the same as Martin suggests.

Stop backups from running. Use the Policy Execution Manager. Using these commands can control whether new backups will run. And perform maintenance while either PEM is terminated or suspended.

nbpemreq -terminate
# This will stop the nbpem daemon and the associated nbpem_email and nbproxy processes.

nbpem
# This will start the nbpem daemon

nbpemreq -suspend_scheduling
# This will stop the nbpem daemon from scheduling backups.  Manual backups can still be initiated.

nbpemreq -resume_scheduling
# This will allow the nbpem daemon to resume normal scheduling of backups.

Move the tapes to standalone first maybe. So not attached to the robot number.

Delete all tape and robot information.
Delete remove any device info from the OS.
Then connect/ add the new hardware via the device configuration wizard in Netbackup.

Put the tapes into the new slots of the robot chassis

inventory the robot. And run test backup.