cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restore backup using NBU client?

kkhoo
Level 5
Hi gurus, I can so used to NBU GUI. It is very user friendly. However, I need to allow user to restore their backup. Meaning, from client (not on master server), user should be able to restore the backup. Question is what is the command can use in the client - by CLI? - command to check the media database reporting? - file index reporting command? Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
User can also use the GUI on the client. For detailed cmd options, you can use -help to list all available options or read up in NBU Commands manual. Restore : bprestore List files /folders : bplist As far as I know, media reports can only be run on a NBU server.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
User can also use the GUI on the client. For detailed cmd options, you can use -help to list all available options or read up in NBU Commands manual. Restore : bprestore List files /folders : bplist As far as I know, media reports can only be run on a NBU server.

kkhoo
Level 5

Thanks Marianne.

The issue here is that users cannot move on from Networker.

They wanted to see results same with how they generate reports, restore and backup in Networker.

They dont want to use GUI.. arghhh...

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

bplist, bpclimagelist, bprestore, bpbackup

Send them a link to the NetBackup Commands Reference Guide.

Marianne

You have all my sympathy.
Nothing worse than new backup software being forced on end-users when they feel that there was nothing wrong with their previous product.

I was involved in similar situation a couple of years ago.
Trust me, there is nothing we can do to make NBU look like another product.

All I can suggest is to try and understand their situation, try to become friends.
Explain that we cannot make NBU look like Networker, but we can show how NBU works...

Speak to your management to maybe offer them some consulting days at a discounted rate to help users with transition.

You may even want to introduce them to this forum where they can ask HOWTO questions.