Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run a manual full backup of a Hyper-V client

Pramod_Malawade
Level 3

Hi All,

I have a policy of the type "Hyper-V".

In the 'Clients' tab, 'Hyper-V intelligent policy query' is used to identify all the VMs that are "Powered state ON" for backups.

I need to run a full backup on 1 particular VM before a change activity that is scheduled for tomorrow. I am not able to run a manual backup like we normally do, since the clients are not listed when i try to run a manual backup.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Michal,

Thank you for the reply. I do have full access to the environment. What i meant was that i didnt want to make any changes to the current settings. I took your suggestion and created a new policy for that 1 client. I can run the manual backup for this client now using the new policy.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

you must have separate Hyper-V policy for this purpose. It will have clients defined as a list, not as query result, and no backup windows.

Regards

I understand that. But i cannot change what is already configured. My problem right now is how to run a backup for 1 particular client in the current setting that i have. Surely there must be a way :(

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

When you cannot change what is already configured, you mean that you have some restricted permissions within NBU console and you cannot create a new policy? If yes than you must ask an administrator for what I suggested, there is no other way.

Also consider that you dont change anything in the backup strategy with this, it is only an additive "change".

Another way is to solve this on VMware level and perform a snapshot before the change. It provides quicker rollback if something wrong occurs.

Michal

Hi Michal,

Thank you for the reply. I do have full access to the environment. What i meant was that i didnt want to make any changes to the current settings. I took your suggestion and created a new policy for that 1 client. I can run the manual backup for this client now using the new policy.

Cheers!