Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run oracle Archive backup from CLI

Baski
Level 5
Partner Certified

Hi Team,

I would like to know , how to run backup of oracle Archive backups from CLI. I tried below command and it showing the below error.

sudo /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpbackup -p oracle-archivelog-0001 -s client-4hourly -t 4 -h abcpb -L /tmp/arch.log
Specify either a listfile or a list of files on the command line.

The archive backup selection like below:-

/usr/openv/netbackup/local/bin/run_archivelog_abc  ( it is a archive script)

I think if give like " -f  /usr/openv/netbackup/local/bin/run_archivelog_abc" it will take only the script file. Please correct me, If I am wrong.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I presume you wan't to kick off a application backup and run_archivelog_abc calls RMAN on the client.

To do that you need to specify the -i switch. The -i  switch work on the master server only.

bpbackup -i [-p policy] [-s schedule] [-k "keyword phrase"]
           [-h hostname] [-L progress_log [-en]] [-S master_server...]
           [-t policy_type] [-w [hh:mm:ss]]

From the man pages:

Starts an immediate-manual backup. It is equivalent to when you start a manual backup from the NetBackup administrator interface. You must be the administrator on the master server to use the -i option.

That would translate to :

bpbackup -i -p oracle-archivelog-0001 -s client-4hourly -t 4 -h abcpb -L /tmp/arch.log

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I presume you wan't to kick off a application backup and run_archivelog_abc calls RMAN on the client.

To do that you need to specify the -i switch. The -i  switch work on the master server only.

bpbackup -i [-p policy] [-s schedule] [-k "keyword phrase"]
           [-h hostname] [-L progress_log [-en]] [-S master_server...]
           [-t policy_type] [-w [hh:mm:ss]]

From the man pages:

Starts an immediate-manual backup. It is equivalent to when you start a manual backup from the NetBackup administrator interface. You must be the administrator on the master server to use the -i option.

That would translate to :

bpbackup -i -p oracle-archivelog-0001 -s client-4hourly -t 4 -h abcpb -L /tmp/arch.log

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Where are you initiating the backup from?

If master - use bpbackup-i as per Nicolai's post.

If you want to start the backup from the client, simply run the script - /usr/openv/netbackup/local/bin/run_archivelog_abc

Baski
Level 5
Partner Certified

Excellent Solution,

I forget to put "-i"  option.

Thanks mate.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Thanks for marking as a soloution.