cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see a specific date log in activity monitor?

smith_jones
Level 6

Hi,

As you know the oldest log one can see in activity monitor is upto 78 hours, by default. One can change this to different hours as per the requirement.

My query is that I want to see logs of a specififc date in activity monitor. E.g. I have set the value of KEEP_JOBS_HOURS to 192 hours (8 days).
But I want to see log of date 19-April-2015 in activity monitor. So in activity monitor I want to see logs from 23-April-2015 to 30-April-2015 (8 adys) & logs of date 19-April-2015.

How can I set this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Apologies - seems I misunderstood.

You cannot add older logs.

Anything older than KEEP_JOBS_HOURS value has been deleted from the jobs database.

The 'error' database keeps 28 days worth of information by default.
You can use reports such as 'All log entries', 'Backup status' and 'Problems' report to view older information.

Or install NBU OpsCenter for better reporting.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
You will have to use the filter option.

smith_jones
Level 6

Hi Marianne,

Can you please elaborate? How to do that?

I mean that I have logs in activity monitor from 23-April-2015 to 30-April-2015 (suppose).

As per my requirement I want to add also logs of just 19-April-2015 ( of a specific date) in activity monitor. I will check something in the logs and I will then delete them. So my logs left in the activity monitor will be from 23-April-2015 to 30-April-2015. (as my set value of 192 hours).

Thanks.

Marianne

Apologies - seems I misunderstood.

You cannot add older logs.

Anything older than KEEP_JOBS_HOURS value has been deleted from the jobs database.

The 'error' database keeps 28 days worth of information by default.
You can use reports such as 'All log entries', 'Backup status' and 'Problems' report to view older information.

Or install NBU OpsCenter for better reporting.

smith_jones
Level 6

Thanks Marianne.