cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start a restore of sql DB from media server to a remote sql server

Sisso
Level 5

Hi,

There is any way to make a backup or restore from a media server to every DB in any sql client in my environment?

I know about the command dbbackex.exe, unfortunately it obey me to run it from the sql client.

Thank you for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

For backups you should use a policy - you need one available anyway to have the backup actually run

If you need to script it then you can just run the bpbackup -i command to kick the policy off (same as a right click "manual backup" on a policy.

Restores need to be initiated from the client - or at least the script developed from the original client and then run on an alternate client

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

For backups you should use a policy - you need one available anyway to have the backup actually run

If you need to script it then you can just run the bpbackup -i command to kick the policy off (same as a right click "manual backup" on a policy.

Restores need to be initiated from the client - or at least the script developed from the original client and then run on an alternate client

Hope this helps

Sisso
Level 5

Thank you for the answer Mark,

but I wondering, if I will run with psexec to client the dbbackex.exe -f command from my media server, it sould be work?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
If you can remotely run commands/scripts on the client, it should start the .bch script on the client, not dbback.ex...

Sisso
Level 5

Hi Marianne,

Do you know if I create script template from Netbackup MS SQL client, how can I run it remotely on clients' without use the dommand dbbackex.exe??

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I have never tried this, but my first attempt would be to simply run the .bch script, providing the full path.