cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to troubleshoot Cloud storage creation steps on 7.6.0.4

Michele_Nicosia
Level 5

Good day all,

for testign purpose i'm using NBU 7.6.0.4 with a "possible" Object Strorage destination (S3 compatible APIs).

For some reason, in the steps to create the bucket the NBU shows up a problem, not well defined.

Would be possible to troubleshoot in details what the problem is?

How do i move to debug the cloud storage creation steps?

Thank you.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I am curious about this statement:

Actually we are talking os a compatible S3 like api driven Object storage. 

So NOT Amazon S3? 

Which plugin are you using?

IMHO - if it is not listed in the HCL I would not even bother.

Extract from HCL:

NetBackup OST Cloud Storage plug-ins enable Symantec data protection applications to access Cloud Storage Solutions. Either the storage vendor or Symantec provides a software plug-in, which is installed on each NetBackup Media Server that is connected to the cloud solution.
If you do not see OST support for your desired Cloud Storage Solution provider / Media Server OS platform, please contact that Storage Server appliance vendor to request OST support for that platform.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

what is the error it is giving while doing the configuraiton?

i would see if anyting relevent that i can find from NetBackup 7.6 Cloud Administrator's Guide chapert 4 & 5 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC6458

Michele_Nicosia
Level 5

Hi RamNagalla,

the error just pop-up on the creation phase, attached.

I can't see the details of the error under /usr/openv/logs and how to find out why it is happening.

Thank you.

Regards,

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Check the tpcommand log (in /usr/openv/volmgr/debug/tpcommand and you need VERBOSE in your /usr/openv/volmgr/vm.conf file).

Cannot add Amazon S3 credentials
 http://symantec.com/docs/TECH225596

Hopefully it'll be something obvious, because that's about all I can tell you.  :)  Good luck!

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I am curious about this statement:

So NOT Amazon S3? 

Which plugin are you using?

IMHO - if it is not listed in the HCL I would not even bother.

Extract from HCL:

NetBackup OST Cloud Storage plug-ins enable Symantec data protection applications to access Cloud Storage Solutions. Either the storage vendor or Symantec provides a software plug-in, which is installed on each NetBackup Media Server that is connected to the cloud solution.
If you do not see OST support for your desired Cloud Storage Solution provider / Media Server OS platform, please contact that Storage Server appliance vendor to request OST support for that platform.