cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use a media server?

nick_netbackup
Level 4

In my site there are 250 clients and 1 nbu master server.These days I install a media server.How can I configure clients to use this media server?

Shoud I insert  'server=nbumedia'  in clients's bp.conf one by one? 

4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

you have to add this in the all clinet bp.conf files..

you can add this from the master server `gui---->host porperits.....>clients...from there you can select those clients.. ..it will check the communicatin form the mater to client.. then right click the client and then.. select properies..

from there you can add the media server name for each client.. it will upate the bp.conf of the clients..

and you need to create storage unit for the media server.. and specify that STU on the policys...

RonCaplinger
Level 6

Faster than selecting each one by hand, you can also create a file with the SERVER= lines for your master server (must be listed first) and the new media server.

Then, just take a list of clients and run a 'bpsetconfig' command from the NBU master server for each of them, specifying a file with the added "SERVER = ...." lines, and it will update your bp.conf file.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

In addition to previous excellent posts, you also need to ensure proper forward and reverse name lookup between new media server and clients. If DNS is used, ensure reverse lookup is enabled. Else, add /etc/hosts entries on clients for new media server as well as entries on media server for the clients.

If there are any firewalls between media server and any of the clients, ensure vnetd (13724) is open in both directions. As from NBU 7.0.1, open pbx (1556) as well.

Thiago_Pereira
Level 4

In addition to the aforementioned settings, so that their clients use the new media server you must create a new Storage Unit for the same, and should set the policy of each client to use this Storage Unit, so they will hold up through the new MediaServer, but they need that is already configured as Media Server at a client as mentioned.