Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyper-V VM backup through SAN media server

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello,

Need some help on configuring Hyper-v virtual machine backups with NetBackup 7.1. Master Windows Server 2K8 R2.

Installed Media Server on Hyper-v base machine. (Enterprise Client license and want to use it as SAN media server frown)

Backup to tape and no DISK.

Three virtual machines present on that server and need to backup one machine (2K8 R2 OS) . For individual file restore, installed client package on that. 

Created a policy with type FlashBackup-Windows and provided details of Hyper-v server. Selected the virtual machine as client and ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES is the default selection.

As the hyper-v server is configured as SAN media server, backups are failing with EC:2063. Successfull when i choose master server storage unit.

For SQL cluster backups, i have added virtual host and linked with both nodes using nbemmcmd. Any such configuration can be done, so that virtual machine can be backedup using base machine storage unit?

I have tried adding the virtual machine as -machinetype virtual_machine but no change.

Thanks.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rizwan84tx
Level 6
Certified

I think to backup Hyper-V VMs remote client license is required for the Media servers.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

rizwan84tx
Level 6
Certified

I think to backup Hyper-V VMs remote client license is required for the Media servers.