Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyper V backup failure EC156

NBU35
Level 6

Hi All

Master Server :  Linux RHEL 6, 7.6.0.2, MSDP
Media Server  :     Linux RHEL 6, 7.6.0.2, MSDP
Hyper V Server:     Windows 2012 R2, 7.6.0.2 (only client)

We have implemented backup of Hyper-V machines from Netbackup.
we have 6 node cluster, Backups of some of the VMs completing successfully & backup for some machines are failing.

below are the events which I can find in event viewer of the hyperV machine (CLuster Node) at the time of backup failure. I dont see any thing in event viewer of the machine whose backup has failed.

Warning related to VSS writer:

A VSS writer has rejected an event with error 0x800423f4, The writer experienced a non-transient error.  If the backup process is retried,
the error is likely to reoccur.
. Changes that the writer made to the writer components while handling the event will not be available to the requester. Check the event log for related events from the application hosting the VSS writer.

Operation:
   PrepareForSnapshot Event

bpfis logs from cluster node are attached.
Kindly suggest.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

pls try taking snapshots from Hyper-V console itself for affected VMs and check if it works.

Also check if client IP didn't changed to dynamic.... (if client was virtualized from physical.. often ip gets changed from static to dynamic)

btw did you read notes and limitations section in nbu hyper-v guide for linux...

View solution in original post

NBU35
Level 6

Issue resolved.

While creating snapshot(checkpoint), following error occurred.

"cannot create the storage required for the checkpoint using disk general access denied error(0x80070005)"

checked the CSV(clustered shared volume), one VHDX file of this machine is residing at the root of the CSV.

I moved this VHDX file to following folder " CSV >>VIRTUAL MACHINE NAME >> VIRTUAL DISK " & powered on the machine.

Now I am able to create the checkpoints, backup is working too.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

NBU35
Level 6

One more error in Event Viewer

Error related to VDS Basic Provider:

Unexpected failure. Error code: 48F@01000003

Event ID 1

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

pls try taking snapshots from Hyper-V console itself for affected VMs and check if it works.

Also check if client IP didn't changed to dynamic.... (if client was virtualized from physical.. often ip gets changed from static to dynamic)

btw did you read notes and limitations section in nbu hyper-v guide for linux...

NBU35
Level 6

Hi Jack, If I am not wrong then snapshot in win2012r2 hyper-v is CHECKPOINT.

I tried to create checkpoint of these machines and it is failing. I am checking the reason bheind it.

Also is lInux media server also put some limitations in case of Hyper-v backups from Netbackup.

NBU35
Level 6

Issue resolved.

While creating snapshot(checkpoint), following error occurred.

"cannot create the storage required for the checkpoint using disk general access denied error(0x80070005)"

checked the CSV(clustered shared volume), one VHDX file of this machine is residing at the root of the CSV.

I moved this VHDX file to following folder " CSV >>VIRTUAL MACHINE NAME >> VIRTUAL DISK " & powered on the machine.

Now I am able to create the checkpoints, backup is working too.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

good. pls close the thread