cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyper v backups failing with 48 status

Sagar_Kolhe
Level 6

Hello All,

I am facing issue with HYPER -V backup.  Previousely it was working fine. Yesterday we have tried to do some changes in HYPER-V cluster server IP address and after that it started failing with 48 status.

What would be the cause? Can anyone help me here.

Regards,

Sagar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yesterday we have tried to do some changes in HYPER-V cluster server IP address and after that it started failing with 48 status. 

Have you tested normal connectivity from NBU master and media server(s) after the change?
Can you confirm that forward and reverse name lookup is fine after the change?
Use bptestbpcd to test connection to Hyper-V cluster hostname. (Same hostname as Server Name in Clients tab of Hyper-V policy).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6

Hello Mam,

Thanks but this TN is not related to my issue. Actually now I have added all base machines host details to our master and media servers and backup has started now but one issue occur as one base machine is showing "unable to connect" error and in other two machines , I am not able to see any VMs but in actual Cluster manager console , there are several VMs present and running. Could you please help me on this ?

Marianne
Level 6

Yesterday we have tried to do some changes in HYPER-V cluster server IP address and after that it started failing with 48 status. 

Have you tested normal connectivity from NBU master and media server(s) after the change?
Use bptestbpcd to test connection to Hyper-V cluster hostname. (Same hostname as Server Name in Clients tab of Hyper-V policy).

@Marianne wrote:

Use bptestbpcd to test connection to Hyper-V cluster hostname. (Same hostname as Server Name in Clients tab of Hyper-V

It was DNS issue. We have made the base hosts entires in master and media. After that browse happened successfully.

Now I am observing another issue on 2 of the VM's from the same list and I am creating the another poll for the same. Please help me to resolve the same as it is very critical systems.

Thanks,

Sagar

@Marianne wrote: