cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Need to Copy all my Policies from master server of one site to another site

Nayab_Rasool
Level 6

Hi Experts,

I Need to Copy all my Policies from master server of one site to master site of another site. please help me how to do this and few more things i need to add these two are in different subnets and

Netbackup Version :- 7.1

Master, Media& Clients O.S:- WINDOWS 2008 R2 SP1

Please help to do this 

Thanks

Nayab

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

This might be an option. No harm in trying.

All policies are saved on the master under NetBackup/db/class/*

Just zip up and extract that same structure from source to destination.

I would have netbackup master shutdown on both while you do this.

Then start up the master and netbackup console on the other site to see if they appear.

Interestingly in the Catalog Recovery guide from the Troubleshooting Guide it might also be possible to perform a recovery of that structure in a 'partial catalog recovery' from the catalog backup. It does state this is optional.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Please check below link for same http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO34720 Thanks

Nayab_Rasool
Level 6

If i select the CHANGE SERVER option under file menu will that change the master server physically as i just wanted to copy my policies to the new MASTER SERVER in another site

What if my Server is not discoverable is there any other way to do this as my New Master server is located in another location.

Thanks

Nayab

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Nayab, Q. If i select the CHANGE SERVER option under file menu will that change the master server physically as i just wanted to copy my policies to the new MASTER SERVER in another site What if my Server is not discoverable is there any other way to do this as my New Master server is located in another location. Ans First of all why you only want to move policy as that server would be different considering like your DR server in other enviorment so any ways if you are managed to move it manually you would not be able to make a use of it ,instead better start with new one by making new policy . If you are looking for migrating then ensure both the server as to be completely identical. http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH77447 Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

This might be an option. No harm in trying.

All policies are saved on the master under NetBackup/db/class/*

Just zip up and extract that same structure from source to destination.

I would have netbackup master shutdown on both while you do this.

Then start up the master and netbackup console on the other site to see if they appear.

Interestingly in the Catalog Recovery guide from the Troubleshooting Guide it might also be possible to perform a recovery of that structure in a 'partial catalog recovery' from the catalog backup. It does state this is optional.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I agree with Stuart  - just copy contents of class folder while both masters are down.

Remember to update Storage Unit in all policies after you have started NBU on new server.

falti_manullang
Level 5
Partner

why you not try to restore netbackup catalog to your DR Site ?

Nayab_Rasool
Level 6

Thank you all i am done with all the policies at my NEW SITE.