cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am facing error while taking GRT backup of AD server with error status1

Pritesh_Pisal
Level 5
Partner Accredited

I am facing error while taking GRT backup of AD server with error status1, follwoing error shown in job details

07/06/2011 15:02:09 PM - begin writing
07/06/2011 15:02:52 PM - Error bpbrm(pid=4980) from client xxx: ERR - Unable to initialize nbfsd.   
07/06/2011 15:28:05 PM - Error bpbrm(pid=4980) from client xxx: ERR - Error encountered while attempting to get additional files for System State:\

Masterv& Media server:7.1 (RHEL)

Client:- 7.0 (windows 2008 server with AD)

Also I have seen follwoing TN

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH65069

but in my case the media server is Linux (RHEL)

any suggestions?????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pritesh_Pisal
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi Riaan thanks for the reply,

I havent tried that TN...but the problrm has been resolved with the help of symatec by follwoing steps:-

Disabled sever for NFS on AD client
Unable to ping master with name but can with IP,nfs requires formward and reverse lookup So made host file entries on client with netbios and fqdn

In BAR GUI master servers IP address was specified ,changed that to name,modified the servers value in registry

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

You can use this note to troubleshoot nbfsd

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH124810

Pritesh_Pisal
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi Riaan thanks for the reply,

I havent tried that TN...but the problrm has been resolved with the help of symatec by follwoing steps:-

Disabled sever for NFS on AD client
Unable to ping master with name but can with IP,nfs requires formward and reverse lookup So made host file entries on client with netbios and fqdn

In BAR GUI master servers IP address was specified ,changed that to name,modified the servers value in registry