cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am receiving an error code 144, invalid command usage on an Index from Snapshot job.

Frank_73
Level 2

I am running Replication Director on some VMware clients to backup vmdk files.  We are backing up VMware Datastores to NetApp storage array.  The snapshot, backup and Replication are successful, but the Index from Snapshot are failing just for a hand ful of clients not all.

I do have some other policies setup the same way that are successful.  Any information would be helpful.

Thank you, 

Frank

7 REPLIES 7

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
What is different about these clients?
Status 144 seem to be about compatibility..

There is no difference between the VM's.  All are RHEL6.

nbutech
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Is it possible to create a new test policy and add just of the working and one non working client ot it and see the results how it works

i have the same issue with 1 virtual Windows Server 2016.

These things dont work:

• create a new policy
  • reboot master, media, client
  • try forced full

A manual Snapshot in the VmCenter works correctly.

At the moment i dont have any new ideas.

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Frank_73,

I found the article below that may or may not be useful.  It has all the culprits listed that you have (Status 144, Replication Director, VMware & Indexing):

Replication Director for VMware Indexing fails with Status 144 - invalid command usage

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100034073 

This was a known issue in 7.7 and above, but if there is an EEB for it you'll need to get in touch with support.  Being that you are on an unsupported version of NetBackup, they may help if you are in the process of upgrading to a supported version.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Frank_73,

I've had a further look, and it appears that the issue shown in the link I posted:

ETrack 3914520

When Replication Director is used to protect VMware, index jobs using the SLP "Index from Replica" sometimes fail with status 144 ("invalid command usage").

....was resolved in NetBackup 8.1.

Steve

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@MarioSchoepf 

If you are on NBU 8.2 and the TN that @Systems_Team posted does not help (since the issue was supposed to be solved in 8.1), then best to log a Support call with Veritas.