cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need extra help for taking backup this client.

grgjtsi
Level 4

**** Moved to new discussion from https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/postgresql-error ****

Now, Mark,

After the client installation, I ´ll need an extra help for taking backup this client.

My question is: With which way (method) I 'll take backup this client that is a PHYSICAL machine and not virtual like the others.

* Also, my client (VA) is Windows 2012 64bit, but in the netbackup is reaching until win2008 and no at win2012 (I do not know if there is a problem with that).

thx.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If it is physical then you should use a MS-Windows policy type and ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES as the selection list

Dont worry about the Windows 2008 part - that is just a reference and i dare say things will change in future versions of NetBackup to include 2012 as an option - you could pick any O/S at that point and it would work

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

If it is physical then you should use a MS-Windows policy type and ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES as the selection list

Dont worry about the Windows 2008 part - that is just a reference and i dare say things will change in future versions of NetBackup to include 2012 as an option - you could pick any O/S at that point and it would work

Hope this helps

grgjtsi
Level 4

it seems to be ok, thank you Mark

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

no problem - dont forget to close the thread off if you are all sorted

grgjtsi
Level 4

While the backup is over normally, however I have the below message.

Any help?

thx.

grgjtsi
Level 4

I found it, It doesn´t need the prefix, thx. any way

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Look in Activity Monitor - The Client name in your Policy seems to be shortname for the client - va.

You cannot look for backups for va.generali.gr if backups were done for 'va'.

Change the Source and Destination client to match the Client hostname that you have used in the Policy.

PS:

PLEASE - ONE question per forum discussion. New issues (such as restore problem) should be in a new forum discussion)

Mark has answered your initial question. Please click 'Mark as Solution' underneath Mark's post.