cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager monitoring in Netbackup ops center

tarladak
Level 4

Hi,

I am trying to add IBM TSM backup monitoring in Netbackup Ops Cneter. I am using Netbackup Ops center 7.5.

I am struck with first point

Install TSM client on OpsCenter Agent Host (The OpsCenter Agent Software can also be installed on the TSM server depending on the Operating System. Please refer to NetBackup (tm) 7.x Operating System Compatibility List for OpsCenter supported OS/platforms - See Related Articles section below)

Do i need to install Opscenter Agent in TSM master server if yes please give me the link where i can download the agent.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

If you have a TSM Client that can be installed on the Ops Center server then install that. You do not need to backup the Ops Center server just because you installed the client. However if you install the client and you are using a PVU based licensing model with IBM you will add to the license count.

The agents are bundled with the Ops Center software. Follow the installation instructions for your operating system.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

If you have a TSM Client that can be installed on the Ops Center server then install that. You do not need to backup the Ops Center server just because you installed the client. However if you install the client and you are using a PVU based licensing model with IBM you will add to the license count.

The agents are bundled with the Ops Center software. Follow the installation instructions for your operating system.

tarladak
Level 4

Thank you for quick support.