cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAGES IN MASTER SERVER NOT MATCH WITH OPSCENTER

paco2000
Level 3
Hi Everebody. We are made some reports with OPSCENTER. But we detected a problem. a) In OPSCENTER we create a new report to get the backups. The information is correct at this point...we attached a file with example b) We manually expired some images from the master server. c) In OPSCENTER we create a same report to get the backups BUT the report keeps the same information of the last report. If the images were expired manually Does this informations is not actualized in the OPSCENTER database? Do you have any idea?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Paco2000,

OpsCenter keeps HISTORICAL information about jobs, so what you are seeing is to be expected.  The basic process is: 

• A backup job runs and OpsCenter then records this in its database as a backup job.
  • You manually expire image(s), which tells NetBackup to remove it from the Catlog.  Note that I don't see any job type for this in OpsCenter.
  • Later on, an Image Cleanup job will run (either on its automatic schedule, or if you force run it) and delete the backup ID from storage.  You will see the Image Cleanup job shown in OpsCenter (It doesn't provide details of which backup ID's were removed, only a high-level overview).

Expiring backups from the Catalog and deleting them from storage does not remove the historical record that OpsCenter has captured of this backup.  If you don't want to see those backups you have expired, you would need to use a date filter so that they are not included in your report.

OpsCenter does have the ability to purge data, but it is all or nothing.  You tell it how long to keep data for, and it purges all data that is older.  In my case I need more than a years worth, so I keep data for 420 days.  Think of OpsCenter as a kind of audit system for your backups - it keeps a historical record (that cannot be easily tampered with) of most things that go on within your NetBackup envrionment.

Hope this helps,

Steve

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

paco2000
Level 3

Test

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Paco2000,

OpsCenter keeps HISTORICAL information about jobs, so what you are seeing is to be expected.  The basic process is: 

• A backup job runs and OpsCenter then records this in its database as a backup job.
  • You manually expire image(s), which tells NetBackup to remove it from the Catlog.  Note that I don't see any job type for this in OpsCenter.
  • Later on, an Image Cleanup job will run (either on its automatic schedule, or if you force run it) and delete the backup ID from storage.  You will see the Image Cleanup job shown in OpsCenter (It doesn't provide details of which backup ID's were removed, only a high-level overview).

Expiring backups from the Catalog and deleting them from storage does not remove the historical record that OpsCenter has captured of this backup.  If you don't want to see those backups you have expired, you would need to use a date filter so that they are not included in your report.

OpsCenter does have the ability to purge data, but it is all or nothing.  You tell it how long to keep data for, and it purges all data that is older.  In my case I need more than a years worth, so I keep data for 420 days.  Think of OpsCenter as a kind of audit system for your backups - it keeps a historical record (that cannot be easily tampered with) of most things that go on within your NetBackup envrionment.

Hope this helps,

Steve