cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INACCESIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE in Windows 2000

Alberto_Diaz
Level 2
Hello.

I recibe the error "INACCESIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" when i try to boot from the restored image. This error only occurs when restoring a Windows 2000 image.

NB version is 5.0 MP3 on AIX 5.3 and the BMR version is 4.7 MP1on AIX 5.3 too.

I'm sure that the MSD drivers are the correct ones, because the temp installation of Windows 2000 and the file restoring well done, without errors. And in the last reboot, when booting from the restored image I recibe that error.

It seems like if the restored image uses the old MSD drivers instead the drivers of the package added in the configuration prepared to restore.

Thanks.Message was edited by:
albertodp
6 REPLIES 6

Alberto_Diaz
Level 2
Solved

Marcel_Wenting
Not applicable
Could you please tell me how you solved it, cause we seem to have the same issue over here.
Allready tried fixmbr by the recovery console.

the problem arrises probably due to an utility partition, but the recovery couldn't recover this one correctly, so we restored without.

marek_k
Level 3
I think you should to make some changes to TXTSETUP.SIF and DOSNET.SIF from win2000 srt install image. I have little experience with this, I have just done installation on 30 w2k, 2k3 clients.. When your clients sends configuration to BMR server it also sends LAN drivers, RAID drivers, SCSI drivers.. YOu should to check TXTSETUP.BMR files created on BMR server and entries in TXTSETUP.SIF file and make necessary changes.

regards
marekk

Pepe_Diaz
Not applicable
Hi:
I've the same problem. I've just restored a GHOST Image to Windows 2000 Boot Partition, and sometimes, at boot time, I have a blue crash screen with this message. How did you solve it?
thank you

Alberto_Diaz
Level 2
In my particular case, the problem was that the original machine have problems with SCSI disc configuration/SCSI disc drivers
My option was to restore the image in a machine with IDE drives.

Gretings

Antonio_ww
Not applicable
I have the same problem. Can you help me?
Thanks