cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify Netbackup images that only have one copy

kybeer
Level 5

Hi,

After upgrading the (Windows 2008R2) Master server from 7.5 to 7.6.0.3 I cannot list just the backup images that only have one copy in the Catalog. If I select Primary Copy or Copy 1 from the drop down in Catalog, images already duplicated are shown. On 7.5 the issue was not there, searching for Primary Copy only showed the images I needed to duplicate; now I see all images, even the ones with two copies (i.e. that I have already duplicated).

The Master Server have "Maximum Backup copies: 2" under Global Attributes.

Following RLeon's suggestion in this post doesn't help - everything is still listed.

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/identify-nb-images-only-have-one-copy

thanks

johan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RonCaplinger
Level 6

Since you only allow 2 copies, the easiest way I see would be to pull up all Copy 2 images in the catalog listing.  Then right click and set all of these Copy 2 images as Primary.  Then, list all Copy 1 images in the Catalog and filter by the Primary Copy = "Yes".  If a Copy 1 images is still listed as Primary, then it has not been duplicated.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RonCaplinger
Level 6

Since you only allow 2 copies, the easiest way I see would be to pull up all Copy 2 images in the catalog listing.  Then right click and set all of these Copy 2 images as Primary.  Then, list all Copy 1 images in the Catalog and filter by the Primary Copy = "Yes".  If a Copy 1 images is still listed as Primary, then it has not been duplicated.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Primary Copy or Copy 1 selection work as it is. Both does not mean "images that have only one copy". 

In most case, duplication is done from first and primary copy - copy 1 to copy 2. Until copy 1 become expired by some reason, copy 1 still remain as primary copy. So search for primary copy or copy 1 does nit ensure these images have no additional copy.

How do you duplicate images? By BasicDisk staging? SLP?

kybeer
Level 5

It's not SLP, I duplicate manually from a disk storage device to tape. The strange thing is that behavoiur was not the same on 7.5. Then  When I selected Primary Copy and duplicated an image, that images wasn't is the list/query after. Could it be another setting made on 7.5 that did not get saved with the 7.6 upgrade?

kybeer
Level 5

What option do you mean with "Then, list all Copy 1 images in the Catalog and filter by the Primary Copy = "Yes""?

The only thing I can filter is either "Primary Copy", "Copy 1", "Copy 2", "Copy 3" and so on. Not Primary AND Copy 1 in the drop down menu.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

As you say, search for 'copy1' in the drop down, then in the results pane 'right-click' / 'filter' to filter out Primary Copy = Yes