Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying Netbackup Image in Catalogue for a particular Media Server/Client

Kinglsy
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello Honourable House,

I have a Netbackup an old Netbackup 7.0.1 domain which I have is not on the my network again but running currently.

I have to go to the server directly and connect to the console whenver I need an information in the domain.I have backup with infinity retention taken in this domain.

I am running my backup environment on a 7.5.0.5 plartform now (a different domain with different hardware) but was installed with the same hostname as the 

formar 7.0.21 domain.

Actually we suggested to upgrade the 7.0.1 to 7.5.0.5 then but management says we must install a new 7.5.0.5 and do a cutover by directing all our media servers and clients .Already the 7.5.0.5 has the same hostname as the 7.0.1 ,so we have to isolate the 7.0.1 from network and start twith full backups on the 7.5.0.5 domain.

Now , a customer needs a backup data with an infinite retention in the   7.0.1 domain.

My major challenge is that I cannot launch NBU JAVA GUI when I connect through the console of the server of the 7.0.1 domain so that I can use BAR to get this images and  the tapes ,then import them in the 7.5.0.5 domain and then restore the data.

However, all netbackup processes and services are running.I can run available media scripts to get expired media,bpps etc.but cannot launch JAVA GUI .

Is there a command to run querry all infinite images for a particular client but best is to be able to launch the NBU ADMIN CONSOLE and all will be fine.

Can I get help to be able to launch the Admin Console.

NB:

-I am running the scripts /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/jnbSA 

-No DNS  now and I am using host files

I need a help on this as this customer is on my neck

6 REPLIES 6

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I assume the old one has a different IP address even though it has the same name?

If so just use hosts files - one on itself should have its own current ip address in and one on any remote admin console so that it resolves the name of the master to the IP address of the old master

It should work that way - it is all down to tcpip so hosts files should give you a work around to get a connection to it

Kinglsy
Level 4
Partner Accredited

It is the same host name and IP,S and thats why we unplug the public network cable and only connect through console cable to the server.

I cannot launch Admin Console with jnbSA scripts--my main problem

Also is there a command to queery images and their associated tapes for a particular media server 

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Sorry posted in wrong thread! - ignore earlier text!

So can you pop the server onto a little network switch and plug a laptop into that

Hosts files will then let you get a Windows NBU admin console open to it as long as the MAster can resolve the PC

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You will need to know more or less when the backup ran.

Try this:

bpimagelist -client <client-name> -d <start-date> -e <end-date> -media -U

start/end-date: mm/dd/yyyy

You can try to add '-rl <retention_level>' - I have never tried with -rl.

Kinglsy
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Many thank Mark and Marianne.

I will try al these and get back

Kinglsy
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks Marianne and Mark

bpimagelist -client <client-name> -d <start-date> -e <end-date> -media -U -rl <retention level>

has worked for me by giving me the image and tape the image is on.

So now I have to do first and second import of these tapes from the 7.0.1 netbackup domain to the 7.5.0.5 domain.

The only thing left for each of management of the 7.0.1 now is to be able to lauch the Admin Console.

I know no challenge is too much for the house especially with you people the Trusted advisors which you worked hard to earn.

I wil try Mark suggestion s on how to launch the Admin Console Successfully and revert.

Once more many thanks