Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Cleanup Job..

Shyam_Prasad
Level 4
Certified

Hi All,

Can any one please let me know how to run the Image Cleanup Job manually,if it is not running by default.

Thanks,
Jaya

7 REPLIES 7

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
bpimage -cleanup -allclients

Any reason why it's not running?

***EDIT***

Look in Admin Console GUI - Host Properties/Master Servers/Clean-up & check values for "Image cleanup after ??? hours" and "Catalog cleanup wait time after ??? minutes"

Shyam_Prasad
Level 4
Certified
Hey Andy..

Thanks for your Reply..
On one of our NetBackup 5.1 environment, Image Cleanup job is not running by default.
I'm not very sure why it is not getting active!!
Andy,i'm not able to find the above in the Master Server Properties..
/Clean-up & check values for "Image cleanup after ??? hours" and "Catalog cleanup wait time after ??? minutes

Could you please let me know...Thanks in Advance

Thanks,
Shyam

Michael_Tham
Level 4
In 6.5.4, the 'image cleanup' job runs after each backup jobs have been completed. Is this the behavior by default?

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Shyam

Check out this T/N & see if it helps (haven't used NB5.1 for sometime, so cannot remember if there is even any entries in the GUI at all for this - don't think so)

GENERAL ERROR: The VERITAS NetBackup (tm) image database does not clean up expired images on the exp...

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Michael

This all depends on the values set in "Image cleanup after ??? hours" and "Catalog cleanup wait time after ??? minutes"

Normally, the clean-up will occur at the end of each scheduled run of jobs. If there isn't a break in the schedule, then an image cleanup will run after the time set in the "Image cleanup after ??? hours" has passed. If there are a lot of small schedules that finish (i.e. small backup windows leaving a lot of idle system time) then an image cleanup will not run after each scheduled run of jobs until the value in "Catalog cleanup wait time after ??? minutes" has expired since the last cleanup.

Hope that makes sense !! ;)

Shyam_Prasad
Level 4
Certified
Thanks Andy..

Thanks for sharing.. :)

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Hope it helped to resolve your issue(s).