cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Cleanup fails with status code 174.

Maximiliano_Rad
Level 3

Hi all

I started working with this new client that made a mess with their Netbackup Catalog.

They deactivated a lot of policies, old tapes, old storage units, old backup repositories, and so on.

And I found that when image cleanups run, they end with status code 174

as I see I can found two different reasons of this failure.

Error 2074 and error 2067

11/17/2016 2:03:48 PM - Info nbdelete(pid=14076) deleting expired images. Media Server: xxxxxxx   Media: @aaaat
11/17/2016 2:03:48 PM - Error nbdelete(pid=14076) Cannot obtain resources for this job : error [2074]
11/17/2016 2:03:48 PM - Info nbdelete(pid=14076) deleting expired images. Media Server: xxxxxxx   Media: @aaaay
11/17/2016 2:03:48 PM - Error nbdelete(pid=14076) Cannot obtain resources for this job : error [2067]
11/17/2016 2:03:48 PM - end ; elapsed time: 00:00:00
media manager - system error occurred(174)

I found on this article that if I remove the lock files from nbdelete folder the problem disappears but it´s not working.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000010909

I don´t know how to obtain this information

- nbsu output file
- nbdb_unload output file

can anybody help me?

thanks

Max

2 REPLIES 2

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Seems that the storage servers/disk volumes/disk pools are not online.

nbdevquery -liststs -U  will give you the state of the storage servers

nbdevquery -listdv -U  will give you the state of the disk volumes

nbdevquery -listdp -U  will give you the state of the disk pools

And of course check that spoold and spad is running on the media servers hosting these medias.

The status can also be caused by improperly decommisioned media servers, this technote http://www.veritas.com/docs/000011549 can be helpful if that is the case.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

During image expiration and cleanup, nbdelete needs to run on Media Server: xxxxxxx   to physically delete image on disk with Media id: @aaaat.

To fix this, you need to know if disk backup was BasicDisk or Advanced or MSDP.
And then determine if media server xxxxxx still exists but not the path where storage was originally configured.

In the meantime, you can run this command to remove image entries from master without trying to cleanup on media server:

nbdelete -allvolumes -force

This will only work for already expired images and will need to be repeated as and when images expire.