Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Cleanup for Singel Basic Disk Storage Unit

kumar3
Level 4
Certified

Hello,

Is there any option to run the image cleanup job for single basic disk storage unit out of multiple storage unit available in a single NBU domain?.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Image cleanup will happen automatically when :
a) image expiration is reached
or
b) HWM is reached and images have been duplicated do tape.

You can possibly look at nbdelete options :

nbdelete

kumar3
Level 4
Certified

Thanks Marianne for your response.

But, nbdelete did not fix my issue.

Actually, for example, on a Basic Disk storage unit there are three image and all are duplicated/moved to final storage unite (possiblay on tape). Now, image cleanup will not happend until the image is expired or HWM is reached.

In this case each backup image will have 2 FRAGS (1 on disk and 2nd on tape), I want to delete the first FRAG, which is on disk, to free up the space for a bigger backup.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

Marianne
Your understanding is correct: Image cleanup will not happen until the image is expired or HWM is reached. When a new backup is written to disk NBU should automatically remove duplicated backup when HWM is reached. The only way to manually remove the copy on disk is with bpexpdate. Be sure to use ' -copy (n)' in the command so that only the copy on disk is expired.

kumar3
Level 4
Certified

Sorry for late raply.

I don't want to do things manually as it is prone to erros.

For instance, I know that all images on disk is duplicated on tape and I can verify this using bpimagelist that every backup image has two FRAG available.

Now, instead of expiring images manually from disk, I want to know if there is any way to perform this using a command, where I just need to provide the Disk Storage Unit name and all things done automatically.

Thanks.

Marianne
No. You have 2 choices: 1) Allow NBU to cleanup automatically when HWM is reached. 2) Expire manually. There are other options too but that will cost money. Such as increasing disk space or purchasing dedupe license.