cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image overwirtten by another Image

Arjun_nbkup
Level 3

Hello every one,

I have a media, which is over written  by another image and media has record entry in image database. Is there a way to get the image/data on which another image was over written.

Netbackup Version: 6.5.4

O/S: Solaris

Thanks

Arjun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

If it has truly been over written no.

if maybe the part you want is on the back-end of the tape, and you have only over written the front end of the tape, you could send it off it a media forensic place to try to get the other data.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

If it has truly been over written no.

if maybe the part you want is on the back-end of the tape, and you have only over written the front end of the tape, you could send it off it a media forensic place to try to get the other data.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I don't think so... Think of your old VCR tapes when the kids 'accidently' taped over your favourite movie...

NBU will only overwrite if all images belonging to that tape have expired in the image database.

Maybe this is a good time to have another look at retention periods if you need to keep data for longer.

Arjun_nbkup
Level 3

Hi

Thanks for the replays.

Yes, it is written truly.

And the retention period of the over ride files are of only one month. Thats why, the media is over written.

I have one more question,

Is there any command or a way to check, when (a particular date) and at what time the tape is rewinded around 5 months back?

Thanks,

Arjun

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Check "assigned date" in GUI or "vmquery -m ". This represent the time/date NetBackup assign the medium to some data. That is, this shows when NetBackup write at the beginning of the tape.

Arjun_nbkup
Level 3

Hi,

thanks for the replay..

Sorry for delay in response..

Thanks