Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images missing from a broken appliance

AndresV
VIP
Partner    VIP   

Hi,

Recently I lost an appliance (appliance1) for a while, the controller card is broken so meanwhile the part is replaced I using another media servers.

Before I lost the appliance I had 300 TB of backlog now I have 200 TB of backlog and when I go to catalog I dont see any images in appliance 1. 

The cleanup process fails everytime because the disks on appliance 1 are down, My question is what happened with those images? 

The slp running on this appliance never completed (backup and duplication) so why those images are gone?

4 REPLIES 4

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

physical/HW appliance error does not lead to logical images expiration. Please doublechek your search parameters in Catalog section. There should not really be any coincidence.

Regards

Michal

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Hi @AndresV 

Unless you are experinced with SLP's, I recommend you log a support call with Veritas support.

Best Regards
Nicolai

AndresV
VIP
Partner    VIP   
Hi Michal,

I did double check and I got results from any appliance but this (the Broken one). I dont get why netbackup shows me 100 TB less I expected.

AndresV
VIP
Partner    VIP   
I did but the support engineer doesnt give a real answer. He is waiting until the appliance is ready again the problem is from the customer side those images are gone.