Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import/Export Admin Console Java Settings

Kayn
Level 2
Accredited Certified

Hello,

I'm using Netbackup Administration Control, java version. These are Netabckup 7,5  7,1 and 6,5. Need to migrate from XP to Windows 7. I would like to take with me on windows 7 settings such as list of hostnames and usernames I entered on them on XP, but  don't have a clue where they are hiding.

I found some configuration in files but they don't containt what I am searching for, checked forums for that but found  only topic with importing/exporting seetings of windows console and this is definetely not that i'm looking for.

Any ideas where i can find those settings for java version?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Maybe I'm reading the question differently from my colleague...

ON XP, you can find this stuff in a single file: C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Veritas\java\750000\_vrts_nbe_NBELoginLists_vrts-nbe-AdminConsole_prefs.properties

On Win7, the filename and I THINK the path is the same, but if for some reason the path above DOESN'T work, try navigating to (I think): C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Veritas\java\750000

Generally we wouldn't want you editing this file, but you'd probably just be doing more of a wholesale replacement of the file on your Win7 machine using the copy from your XP machine, so I'd give it a shot and see if it does what you expect.  Worse comes to worse, you have to completely blow the preferences file away and you're back to the nothin' you had before.

EDIT: I should add that I'm assuming you're using the 7.5 Java console - if you're not, then the 750000 folder will have a different name looking more like the version you ARE using.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Nope, but it certainly wouldn't be supported

Kayn
Level 2
Accredited Certified

Ouch :\

That is very important for me since i have there really long list, we support many servers.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Maybe I'm reading the question differently from my colleague...

ON XP, you can find this stuff in a single file: C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Veritas\java\750000\_vrts_nbe_NBELoginLists_vrts-nbe-AdminConsole_prefs.properties

On Win7, the filename and I THINK the path is the same, but if for some reason the path above DOESN'T work, try navigating to (I think): C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Veritas\java\750000

Generally we wouldn't want you editing this file, but you'd probably just be doing more of a wholesale replacement of the file on your Win7 machine using the copy from your XP machine, so I'd give it a shot and see if it does what you expect.  Worse comes to worse, you have to completely blow the preferences file away and you're back to the nothin' you had before.

EDIT: I should add that I'm assuming you're using the 7.5 Java console - if you're not, then the 750000 folder will have a different name looking more like the version you ARE using.

Kayn
Level 2
Accredited Certified

Yes this was exactly what I looked for. I just pasted this file from my XP to Win7 as you showed and it's working, I done it for all 3 versions, for all it works.

Great work, thank you for solution. This is big help for me <3 well done!