cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import media with non unique media ID

felonious_caper
Level 5

we have two sites that use netbackup and each site has the same set of barcodes.

I'm looking to import tape 0169L3 from site 2 to site 1. The problem is that we already have a tape 0169L3 that is currently assigned at site 1. Is there a work around for importing this tape?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The first requirement for NBU media id's is that they must be unique in EMM database....

The only way I can see is to duplicate 0169L3 at site 1 to a new tape, then expire it and remove from robot. This will allow you to put 0169L3 from site 2 into library and import it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The first requirement for NBU media id's is that they must be unique in EMM database....

The only way I can see is to duplicate 0169L3 at site 1 to a new tape, then expire it and remove from robot. This will allow you to put 0169L3 from site 2 into library and import it.

Will_Restore
Level 6

that is precisely how we handled it

felonious_caper
Level 5

Rather than copy to new media, can I just expire the media, and reimport it later after I'm done with the tape from site 2?

Amaan
Level 6

First way which Marianne suggested is better. did the other tape have images on it as well? if so proceed with way which Marianne suggested. If no, just delete it from NBU and import second one.