cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing 6.x tape to different 7.x server

paroksha
Level 4

dear all

I have read docs and successfully imported the tape from 6.5 to 7.0 . now i am not able to restore that tape.

do i have to create any policy .. i want to resotre on different client at DR site.

as you can see i have triedcrating new policy and assigning the tape to volum pool -> then imported (import test)

when i tried to resore it wont show the entry on;ly old backup shows no imported tape backup.... Please tell me the exact procedure

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Can you just try restoring the data (or some of it) locally to the media server for now to prove the data is OK

You could always copy it somewhere later then

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Did you do both phase 1 and phase 2 of the import?

Do you have the client name correct - check the import log (results tab of the catalog section) to make sure that you have the client names exactly as it was imported - as well as the data range and policy type

The Phase 1 part of the import will tell you all of that

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Seems you can successfully browse the imported backups, right?

What happens if you try to restore data to different client name?

You don't need to create a policy.
Only requirement is for valid images in NBU catalog associated with original client name.

Restore data to same Client type - Standard to Unix/Linux, MS-Windows to Windows.

Ensure all of the following log folders exist:

On master: bprd (restart NBU to enable)

On media server: bptm and bpbrm

On destination client: bpcd and tar

paroksha
Level 4

@ mark 

Yes i have completed phase 1 and phase 2 successfully.i have created one temp client whose name is same as backup client ( not IP )

Marianne

Yes as you can see in images i am able to see it in Media -> that tape contains data.

but still facing the problem to restore it .. AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG HERE....

My master n media servers are on same machine.. and clients are all same..Solaris 10

Please specify the full path folders you are reffering ( as i m not fully aware )

paroksha
Level 4

Please specify full path for those folders....

Vickie
Level 6

Full path for these folder are,

/usr/openv/netbackup/logs

Same is applied for "Master server, Media server, Client".

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Can you just try restoring the data (or some of it) locally to the media server for now to prove the data is OK

You could always copy it somewhere later then

paroksha
Level 4

Thanx a LOT folks

I have done it and data restored done..

thanx for support...

i startedagain from scratch and followed every steps n ur guidelines.. maybe i missed something at first

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Great - please remember to mark the answer that guided you to the solution using the "Mark as solution" option to assist others searching for a similar issue in the future

Vickie
Level 6

Good, have you recognize or identified which step you were missing. And what helped you to get it resolved.