cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Media

Dvs-tech
Level 2

Hi All.

I have been getting this error for  some time now.

After we removed our robot and drive (gave some problems) I re added them  and then started to get this weird error.sad

I have read thru some forms but nothing that is the same.

“incorrect Media Found in drive 0, expected 0632L2 found 000632, freezing 0632L2”

I have made sure that when I do an Inventory that my barcode and id length is the same 6 and 1:2:3:4:5:6

Yet there is other tapes with the same barcodes (deviant id’s E.G. 0327L2) that works fine. (in the same pool and robot)

Can someone please point me in a direction that i can resolve this problem.

TX

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

At some point in time the Media ID Generation rule was not in place, meaning that NBU added media id's with default last 6 chars of the barcode: 0632L2.

The problem is that this media id is now written in the header of the media.

The only way to solve this is to unfreeze and re-label these tapes when all images have expired.
Check with 'nbemmcmd -listmedia -mediaid <media-id>'.

When you re-label these tapes, remember to de-select the 'verify media label' option.

Dvs-tech
Level 2

Gr8. Thank you for your reply. I will have a look and revert.

ontherocks
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

1. Re-label medias from the NetBackup GUI -

2. Remember to untick the box "Verify media label before performing operation"

3. Unfreeze the tape(s)!

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Exactly as per my post above! Except for when to unfreeze.

Unfreeze must happen before re-label. It is not possible to label Assigned tapes. Frozen tapes have Assigned status.

Eric_Zhang
Level 5
Apart from Marianne's suggestion, I believe when this problem tape being written before . At that time the media ID should be 000632 instead of 0632L2.