cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InfoMap--cannot get to localhost

DoubleP
Level 5

We are in the process of installing InfoMap. I have been working with a Veritas Installer Analyst. I had all the necessary ports opened on the Agent client server. Pre-install, I am able to connect to the Veritas portal. There is one stumbling block. We cannot connect to "

https://localhost/infofab/nbuRegistration.jsp" . We have tried Firefox and IE. I have added localhost to the Trusted Sites list in IT. The installer suggested removing McAfee to see if that resolved the issue. Unfortunately, it did not. After the firewal was removed, I tried localhost again. 

Your connection is not secure

The owner of localhost has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

Advanced info: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap

Firefox is not even giving the Advanced option of allowing the website.

Any ideas? Has anyone experienced this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The veritas tech had to "trick" it to work.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Alexis_Jeldrez
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I once had to install Google Chrome to access some functions in OpsCenter that were not visible with Firefox. Have you tried it?

I'll give it a try.

The Agent server only has IE and Firefox on it. I cannot access any external sites (outside of the  required ones mentioned in the documentation: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000114451) to get to Chrome. As it states in the veritas doc: "No inbound ports in the firewall will need to be opened. The on-premises Information Map Agent communicates outbound on HTTPS port 443. The ports are for internal communication from browser to agent, and thus they must be secured from external access."

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@DoubleP wrote:

@DoubleP , it would be great if you could share details?

This will help other users with the same issue (which is why we all contribute in this forum).

Hello Marriane, yes, I understand why the forum exists. But for this particular trick, let's just say that I shouldn't say anything about it.