Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquire about the Netbackup Licenses

Ialahmad
Level 5
Partner

Hi All;

Good Morning, I need your help to give me clear information about the differences between two NetBackup licenses And which is better:

·         VRTS NETBACKUP STANDARD CLIENT 6.5 XPLAT STD LIC EXPRESS BAND S

·         VRTS NETBACKUP STANDARD CLIENT 6.5 XPLAT STD LIC REWARDS BAND D

And what is the differences between EXPRESS  and REWARDS, also what differences between BAND S and BAND D ???

Thank you very match.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reagan
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
Symantec has a awards program that gives out points to companies based on the amount
of Symantec software purchased within a year.  The more points a company earns, the higher their band level. 
In general, the higher the band level, the higher the discounts. 
A company with no rewards points starts off at Band Level S.  Band S is basically list pricing.
Band level begins at "S" then "A", then "B". then "C", then "D" and finally "E"
Band Level E is the highest with the highest discounts.

WIth NetBackup licensing, discounts begin at Band Level C.  This is one reason why some customers prefer to purchase
NetBackup licenses in bulk, rather than over time. 

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
But did manage to find these two documents which may answer your question? Not sure how up-to-date they are tho'.....

symantec licensing programs overview:  rewards

symantec licensing programs overview:  express

Reagan
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
Symantec has a awards program that gives out points to companies based on the amount
of Symantec software purchased within a year.  The more points a company earns, the higher their band level. 
In general, the higher the band level, the higher the discounts. 
A company with no rewards points starts off at Band Level S.  Band S is basically list pricing.
Band level begins at "S" then "A", then "B". then "C", then "D" and finally "E"
Band Level E is the highest with the highest discounts.

WIth NetBackup licensing, discounts begin at Band Level C.  This is one reason why some customers prefer to purchase
NetBackup licenses in bulk, rather than over time. 

Hope this helps.

Ialahmad
Level 5
Partner
Thank you All
I read some overview in symantec site ,, and I unberstood the mains differences between them.
 they same things but there different in how I can purchase quantities of Licenses.

thank you again.