cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install NetBackup Enterprise Server 6.5 on Window server 2008 fail

vietanhhnus
Level 4
Hi  . ..
When I  installed netbackup 6.5  on window server 2008  . I encountered the following error:  NetBackup Enterprise Media Manager failed to start  in log install .

Could anybody  help me please ? 

7 REPLIES 7

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
are you trying to install it as a master a media or a client
is it 32 or 64

Note that 2008 did not become supported until 6.5.2. so you need to down load the correct nb files

vietanhhnus
Level 4

I installed complete :D  .Hostname is fail .
Thank support !
Good luck !

TIKI
Level 3
Dear Sir
I have the same error on my windows 2008 sp2 server . So , Can you tell me "Hostname is fail " ????

Ira_Brock
Level 5
 Symantec currently doesnt support Windows 2008 R2, only R1 so make sure you are using R1. Also, I could not get Windows 2008 to work until 6.5.4 which I installed from a single file that brought the server directly to that version. After using that install file it worked flawlessly.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

TIKI
Level 3
Dear Sir

I have a 6.5.3 master server (solaris 9) and connect  Tape library with SCSI &  SAN ( robot by scsi , Tape Driver by SAN) . Today I install a media server on windows 2008 sp2 x64 with NBU 6.5.2 x64. I can see all driver by SAN . But when I upgrade it to 6.5.3 that the Remote manager monitor server can't stop . I must kill the nbrmms process and the upgrade can go on.
When the installation is finish , I restart my 2008 server . But when I use tpconfig command there are no any respond . And I cant start the EMM service . And I use bpdown commend then the Remote manager monitor server can't stop .
Could anybody  help me please ?

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Client support for Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 begins from 6.5.5, now out!

See page 27:
NetBackup (tm) 6.x Operating System Compatibility List (Updated December 1 2009)
 http://support.veritas.com/docs/325328