cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install VERITAS Netbackup “Client” on a Clustered server.

Harpreet_Singh_
Level 3

Hi,

We are on Netbackup 7.0 (Redhat 5.4).

I would like in install Netbackup client 6.5.4 on a Linux SuSE x86_64.

The cluster setup is Active and Passive mode.

Here are the Server details

Server Name         IP Address             Cluster Status   Cluster Virtual IP     Cluster Virtual Name

----------------           ----------------           ------------------        ------------------        -----------------------

Node1                    172.24.1.111        Active                    172.24.1.150        ABC_PROD

Node2                    172.24.1.112        Passive                  172.24.1.150        ABC_PROD

Do I have to Install Netbackup Client on both the Nodes ? or just I have to install it on Node1.

Please advise, this is my first Installation on Cluster setup.

With Regards.

Harpreet Singh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Install NBU on both nodes.

Test hostname lookup to physical and virtual hostname - ensure forward and reverse lookup work in all directions: clients -> server(s), server(s) -> clients.

Config one policy for the the virtual hostname to backup cluster data.

Config another policy for physical node names to backup non-cluster data. ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES should be fine with exclude_list on both nodes (exclude_list.policy_name) to exclude cluster data for this policy.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Install NBU on both nodes.

Test hostname lookup to physical and virtual hostname - ensure forward and reverse lookup work in all directions: clients -> server(s), server(s) -> clients.

Config one policy for the the virtual hostname to backup cluster data.

Config another policy for physical node names to backup non-cluster data. ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES should be fine with exclude_list on both nodes (exclude_list.policy_name) to exclude cluster data for this policy.

Harpreet_Singh_
Level 3

Dear Marianne,

Thanks for the quick reply.

With Regards.

Harpreet Singh