cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install netbackup client without restarting netbackup.

arun660
Level 3

Hi,

I am trying to install netbackup client in a chroot environment on Server. It is getting installed properly However the only issue I kind of see is it is restarting the netbackup on the server. This could cause the ongoing backups fail.

I am using the install_client_files sftp <client> root and client_config script.

Would like to know if there is any switch or any other way to install without restarting netbackup.

Regards,

Arun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jaime_Vazquez
Level 6
Employee

OK, this does beg the question of why are you doing a chroot install of client code on a Master Server? That being said, it is possible to add client software to a chroot environment.  BMR does this to install client software in an SRT and it never causes a restart of services.

Instead of using the "install_client" script instead get a fulll copy of the client install software itself and run the normal client install script from it.  Which is how BMR does it. Give that a try. Still confused about the client code in a chroot environment on the Master. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

you can not do that...

and you need to plan your upgrade when you have no backup schedule for specific client.

no other way...

Jaime_Vazquez
Level 6
Employee

OK, this does beg the question of why are you doing a chroot install of client code on a Master Server? That being said, it is possible to add client software to a chroot environment.  BMR does this to install client software in an SRT and it never causes a restart of services.

Instead of using the "install_client" script instead get a fulll copy of the client install software itself and run the normal client install script from it.  Which is how BMR does it. Give that a try. Still confused about the client code in a chroot environment on the Master.